Sunday, March 8, 2015

SOUTH KOREA BOUND!

I'm Here!

Well, we made it! After a 15 hour flight, we landed at Inchon Airport in Seoul and our first stop was dinner at McDonald's and then on to do some shopping at EMart (the Korean Walmart) to buy essentials needed.... pillow, blankets, food, etc. I'm so excited to be here! The high rise apartment I will be living in is brand new and is right across the street from the subway station. There's a grocery market right next door and the school bus picks me up right across the street every day. The view from my window are the beautiful mountains of Bukhansan National Park. I see a hiking trip in my near future! Lol. My refrigerator and washer/dryer provided by the school were not delivered till the middle of the week, but I hung my bananas in a bag outside the window and they were perfectly chilled! And, the floors are heated, too! So cool! We ate dinner out every day this week and on the days ending in 2 and 7, the street markets are open with all kinds of produce and fresh meat/fish. Internet has been limited for me this past week since I haven't been able to get a phone yet. I will have to first get my health physical which includes xrays, blood work, radiology etc. Then, I can apply for my Korean ID. The ID is needed to get cell phone service and open a bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment