Tuesday, March 10, 2015

SCHOOL TIME!

My first day at the school, we were greeted with welcome arms by all the Korean teachers and our wonderful Principal. Breakfast treats, cappuccino, and even a "Welcome to Korea" tree for my apartment! After decorating my classroom, I anxiously awaited meeting my students for the first time. I'm teaching English, Science, Social Studies, Math, and ESL to a total of 19 students in four grade levels and they are just so sweet! We spent our first day getting to know each other and my trying to learn their names. Wow! It's too cute, they call me "teacher" and cannot get used to the idea yet of calling me "Ms. Julie". I tease them back and call them "student", they laugh and then remember to call me Ms. Julie. My next door teacher Ms. Kaye is from the Philippines and she has been a delight to have as one of my elementary team teachers. The students wear special slipper shoes in the school and when I took them outside for a surprise science project, they had to sneak quietly in to their homeroom teacher's room to get their outside shoes! I love it! The cafeteria serves kimchi and rice at every meal and lots of vegetables. I love the chicken and have gotten really good at using my chopsticks (Koreans use metal ones, btw)

No comments:

Post a Comment